Sunday, May 12, 2013

Canim Lake, B.C.

It's been awhile since my last post so I thought I'd herald my return to blogging with a big redesign. I've also redesigned my Official Site so that there's a little more aesthetic continuity with my online presence. Check it out and let me know what you think in the comment section below this post.

This past week I was fortunate enough to go on a little adventure and  amongst other things, got to snap a few pictures I thought I'd share.


Canim Lake is located about an hour drive East of 100 Mile House which is around a 6hr. drive north-east of Vancouver up the Fraser Canyon along the Cariboo Trail. The south shore of Canim Lake runs along the edge of Wells Grey Provincial Park where I camped a few summers back and got eaten alive by mosquitos....


This time I was here for work and there's nothing cooler than getting to travel to remote, stunningly beautiful locales and getting paid to go there! My job was to document a plane salvage operation. The pilot, Ken, crashed his plane in 4 feet of snow back in early March of this year and the plan was to fix the damaged prop and rudder then fly the plane back to Langley for a full overhaul and service.

The salvage operation was a complete success and we all made it back from our adventure in one piece. Even better, being early in the season, the mosquitos didn't eat me alive this time around! I shot a ton of video during our stay at Canim Lake and hopefully I'll be able to share the results of that at a later date once the client has completed editing etc.

Here's the cabin where we stayed for the duration of our visit.


The temperature was around 28 C. and after a long day of shooting there was nothing better than relaxing at lakeside and taking in the stunning scenery.


 Not to mention getting the fire pit going for a good steak dinner...


...And finding a little corner of shade to relax in.


In Winter, the weather is on the opposite end of the scale. Deep snow, fierce winds and bitter cold that peels some of the trees like bananas.


With the soft sound of buzzing insects and the echoing call of a Loon across the lake, watching the sun setting over Canim Lake was one of the most beautiful things I've experienced in quite some time.


Every sun set is different.


I call this next one On Golden Pond.


The lake was like the surface of a mirror for the duration of my visit.


This one to me looks like a land mass floating across the sky.


And this final image is probably my favorite picture from the trip if not one of my all-time favorite pictures I've been able to capture.


I have a few projects on the horizon in the next few months so I'm hoping to get back to blogging with a little more regular frequency. It sure was good to be out taking pictures again - fingers-crossed we have a terrific summer that is filled with adventure and awesome photographic opportunities!

Until next time, thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment